DENPASAR CITY TOUR IS TO ENJOY THE UNIQUE AND VARIETY OF LOCAL SOCIETY LIFE COMBINES WITH THE TRADITIONAL BALINESE CULTURE ACTIVITIES AT DENPASAR CITY
Denpasar City Tour is a Bali Half Day Tour package to visit Denpasar town with it unique and variety of local society life combines with the traditional Balinese culture activities. This Denpasar City Tour is very interesting that you can see closely the real Balinese urban with their social life and traditional cultures. Places of interest that you will visit during Denpasar Cuty Tour are Badung Traditional Market is traditional market in the center of town, Jagatnata Temple is Hindu temple in the centre of city, Bali Museum is museum for take care and preserve for bali culture and Bajra Sandhi Monument is monument located in the heart of town and build to symbolized Balinese people struggle. Your Denpasar City Tour will be enjoyable and accompanied by our professional Bali Tours Driver with private full air-conditioning car transfer. Below is short description places of interest will be visit during Denpasar City Tour.
BAJRA SANDHI MONUMENT
BAJRA SANDHI MONUMENT IS A MONUMENT OF BALINESE PEOPLE STRUGGLE
Bajra Sandhi Monument is monument of Balinese People Struggle . This Monument is recognized by the name of Bajra Sandhi because it's form is looking like Bajra or Genta or bell used by all Hindu Priest in reading off Weda holy sentence (mantra) at religious ceremony. Bajra Sandhi Monument is built in the year 1987 and it is opened by president of Megawati Sukarno Putri on 14 June 2003.
The Purpose of Building Bajra Sandhi Monument
The purpose of Bajra Sandhi Monument is to immortalize the soul and spirit of Balinese People struggle, at one blow dig, looking after, developing and also preserve the culture of Bali to be bequeathed to a router generation as advancing capital stroke tread a world of loaded progressively with the challenge and resistance.
Philosophy of Bajra Sandhi Monument :
Bajra Sandhi Monument is comprising of 33 diorama depicting the journey history from a period of prehistory (300.000 S.M) what its human being still go about and very base on the nature until the period of filling the independence (1950-1975) where Bali Island is built in all areas like politics, economic, and social cultural. By knowing and comprehending of the journey history, soul, and spirit of Bali People struggle from time to time, it is expected the tighten of the spirit and cultural to increase Bali tourism.
The Building of Bajra Sandhi Monument
The existence of physical building is strongly relating to the meaning of Hinduism philosophy, namely Yoni colossus. Bajra Sandhi Monument is likely colossus device meanwhile the building base as yoni. From other side, the Yoni colossus is also describing the story of twiddling Mandhara Giri at Ksirarnawa which is taken away from passage of Adi Parwa (Hindu's Book).
Bajra Sandhi Monument Building consisted of :
Jar of Amertha symbol by Kumba (a kind of pot) what is seen on the top monument.
- The Dragon Basuki tail exists near by Swamba and its head at entrance gate
- The body of Bedawang Akupa realized at its base of monument and the head at entrance gate
- Mount of Mandara Giri realized by the high of monument boosting
- Pool encircle the monument is supposing as Ksirarnawa (milk ocean).
Bajra Sandhi Monument in its development, it has been opened for visitor and to be places of interest or tourist destination in Bali in particular when visiting Denpasar town. You may also join Denpasar City Tour Package to visit this beautiful place.
JAGAT NATHA TEMPLE
JAGAT NATHA TEMPLE IS A BEAUTIFUL HINDU TEMPLE IN THE CENTER OF TOWN
Jagat Natha Temple is a beautiful Hindu temple situated in the center of Denpasar City that is the biggest Hindu temple in the capital city of Bali Province. Jagat natha Temple built in east of Puputan Badung square garden is a public shrine to worship for Ida Sang Hyang Widhi Wasa (call for Hindu god). It is strategically located on Major Wisnu Street that is very easy reached from any directions as well as famous temple and appointed as a tourist destination in Denpasar City. Jagat natha Temple have many visited by the Hindu people especially during the Hindu Holiday season including full moon.
Jagat Natha Temple Philosophy
Name of Jagat Natha Temple is taken from special name which is not similar with other familiar temples in Bali taken from the location where the temple is situated such as Besakih Temple, Ulundanu Batur Temple, Lempuyang Luhur Temple, Luhur Andakasa Temple, Puncak Mangu Temple, etc. Among other famous Hindu Temple in Bali, the first ceremony held at Jagat natha Temple is also similar with other temples by conducting small ceremony procession. The unique of this temple is not having the Pengemong (the group of people/organization/team who support, keep, maintains the temple) like other temples in Bali, but it is only own the small volunteers and people who worship at this temple. At the beginning, this temple is managed by temple development committee of Jagat natha Temple and afterward managed by The Hindu Holiday Committee which is institutionally stipulated Badung Regency Government decree. But nowadays, Jagat natha Temple has been taken over by the government of Denpasar City.
When we look from the exposure of Jagat natha Temple Concept, it can be concluded the elements and structures of Jagat Natha Temple set in the main temple area (Utama Mandala) those are details as follows:
Padmasana is a main building of the temple as a symbol of a seat of Sang Hyang Widhi (god). The word of Padmasana is derived from the Sanskrit, old Javanese and laterally means a throne or a seat of god in lotus shape. In the concept of Arcanam and Citra-Lekha, lotus flower is a plant secret as a seat or throne for the god or the authority in many different forms which is famous called Istadewata of god and goodness.
2. Fish Pond surrounding of Padmasana
If we look the physical structure of the ancient temples in Bali, usually set a Titi Ugal-agil (bridge made from wooden rods) with the pond under it at the entrance gate. Please see and compare the Titi Ugal-Agil at Agung Taro Temple located in Taro Village and Taman Sari Temple located in Klungkung town. The function of Titi Ugal-Agil is to purify every Hindu people who entering the main temple area.
3. Twin Canopies
The twin canopies are set in front of Padmasana and the canopies building at temples in Bali Island generally has function to put the embodiment of god or Gagaluh on the procession of ceremony (Pawedalan). However, the Pawedalan at Jagatnatha Temple has function as an altar to put the offerings especially on praying procession of Balinese Hindu Holyday such as full moon, dark moon, Galungan and Kuningan Days, Saraswati Day, Siwaratri Day and other important days.
4. Altar of Sang Hyang Anantaboga
This altar is located in north part of main temple complex.
5. The well for taking Holy Water or Tirtha
The well is set in north part of main temple complex.
6. Bale Paselang
If there is not specific big ceremony held in this temple, Bale Paselang is usually used to keep the offerings and sometimes used as a place for Mesanti (reading and singing the holy bible which is famous called Geguritan or Kekawin). If there are plenty of Hindu people do for praying, then this Bale Paselang is used as a resting place.
It is a building has multi functions where the context of kitchen activities, it is not has function on ceremony but it is also accordance with other religious activities at this temple.
This store is functioning to keep the gamelan and others temple belonging items.
9. Bale Gong
Bale Gong is a building to beat the gamelan during the ceremony procession and it is sometime also used as a rest place for Hindu people.
10. Apit Surang / Entrance Gate
In the west part of the main temple complex area from north to the south, it had been built some of the buildings as follows:
- Bale Kulkul is a beautiful tower building to hang the wooden bell
- Apit Surang Kiwe is left entrance gate
- Gelung Kuri is a center entrance gate
- Apit Surang Tengen is right entrance gate
- Dakam Karang Althar (Tugu)
- Bale Bengong is a canopy of rest
- Bale Pawedan is a canopy for Hindu Priest reciting the mantra
BALI MUSEUM IS A HERITAGE MUSEUM OF BALINESE CULTURE
Bali Museum is strategically located in Major Wisnu Street in Denpasar Baliand it is find it due to the location is in the heart town. In the north side there are glorious temple of Jagatnatha, meanwhile in front of it the Puputan Badung (Badung Courtyard) and four face statue (Catur Muka Statue) are located. The development of Bali Museum is begun by the existence of initiative how to vitally the heritage of Balinese culture and taking care of, preserve and maintaining. The initiative is based on the existence of feeling to worry, that there is symptom a kind of culture erosion, so that the cultural heritage become totally disappeared, lose, what omit only photograph and documentations.
Construction of Bali Museum
The construction of Bali Museum is begun from the idea how does the important to keep, maintain and sustainable the Balinese culture heritages. This initiative was based on sense of worry that there are symptoms such culture erosion, hence the culture heritages have become extinct, lose and leave the photos only. To save the Balinese culture heritages, come the plan to establish a museum which is now ell know as Bali Museum.
Bali Museum History
Bali Museum save the Balinese culture heritage, emerge the founding plan a museum which afterward becomes the Bali Museum :
- The early planning of Bali Museum founding was Governmental functionary of Dutch, Bali King, Society Prominent, all artists like: WFJ Kroon (assistant of Dutch Resident), Curt Grundler (a Germany Architect), I Gusti Alit Ngurah (Bestuurder Penegara Badung), I Gusti Bagus Jelantik (King of Karangasem), I Gusti Ketut Djelantik (King of Buleleng), King of Tabanan, and all artists like I Gusti Ketut Kandel, I Gusti Ketut Rai. The Planning is happened in year 1910 with the elementary concept Bali Museum building structure that was solidarity of the structure between temple building (Sanctum) and Palace (Keraton).
- After agreed on the concept of the Bali Museum building structure, hence founded a mains building which deflect finished in year 1925. Because of the ancient object collection which had been collected is not yet adequate and then during 7 years (1925-1932), the mains building stood functioned for the exhibition purpose. All meritorious experts in checking object taken as collection of Bali Museum for example: DR.W.F. Stutterheim, G.I. Graider, G.M. Hendrikss, DR.R. Goris, and artist of Walter Spies
- Bali Museum in the beginning is handled by an institution that is called Bali Museum Institution and opened officially on 8 December 1932 with the name of Bali Museum
- The management hereinafter by institution of Bali Museum has been reverted to Government of Indonesia since 5 January
Bali Museum as a Place of Interest in Denpasar Bali
The object collections which are kept in Bali Museum can be classified become the prehistoric object collection like: the Grave Petrify (sarkopag), the object collection coming from history era like: stupika clay containing superstitious formula Ye Te, the bronze statues (Hindu andBudha statues) and ethnography object collection like Keris, Endek Cloth, and religious ceremony equipments (Sangku, Cecepan and Sidakarya mask). In its growth, now Bali Museum have been opened generically and become the tourist destination in Denpasar Town and it is a prefect place to visit in Bali in particular on Denpasar City Tour or join Denpasar Tour Package.
Bali Museum Collection Objects
The object collections or ancient tools kept at Bali Museum can be classified into prehistoric object collections such as tomb stone (sarkopag), the object collection from the historical era such as Stupika clay containing mantra 'Ye te', bronze statues (Arca Perunggu), and ethnographic objects such as the collection of Kris, Endek material, religious ceremony equipment and Sidakarya Mask
BADUNG MARKET IS A TRADITIONAL BADUNG MARKET IN THE CENTER OF DENPASAR TOWN ECONOMICS
Badung Market is a center of town's economics which is located in Gajah Mada Street, that is main road and become a shopping centre of Bali. This traditional market is apposite to the village temple that is one of three biggest temples in Denpasar. Badung Market is the largest market in Bali and acts as a sort of clearing house for many island goods. Sarong vendors in Padangbai may buy their wares at Badung Market. Fruit and vegetable producers from around Bali may bring their goods to market at Badung Market, so the market is humming with activity 24/7.
Inside Badung Market
- Badung Market does not as big as like now because have changed experiences and modification which is adapting to the requirement and town growth. Badung Market cannot be discharged from the existence of an existing market in the cross Badung's river that is called Kumbasari Market because the local society will feel incompletely go for shopping if they are not come to Kumbasari Market, especially for the Balinese who want to buy the ceremony items.
- Around the ground floor areas of Badung Market, especially outside the stairwells, one can observe older Balinese ladies preparing and selling traditional Balinese snack foods, complete with ground chili's, vegetables and and array of other items. You may not know exactly what you're eating but it could be a wonderful experience and one that will not break the bank.
- Inside the first floor is reserved for meat, fish, fruit and veg. The upper floors for spices and traditional Balinese and Muslim attire, Denpasar has a decent sized Muslim population, and they sell in the market too, along with Chinese traders. Also sold are Balinese ceremonial equipment such as sarongs, umbrellas and baskets. You might see the odd westerner here, but by no means is this a tourist destination.
Badung Market History :
Badung Market is opened on 24 April 1984 by Bali 's Governor, Prof. Dr. Ida Bagus Mantra. Then after experiencing of the fire accident, it has been repaired in year 2000 at that moment Bali 's Governor is Mr. Dewa Made Berata. This market owns the broadness about 14.544 M² and broadly park 9064 M² which is built in four floors. The local people who go for shopping at this market are not only from environment of Denpasar community but also come from outside of town. The moment before the big holiday like Galungan, Kuningan, Nyepi and others, this market is always crowded by the buyer which are most of them the local society.
Badung Market Opening Time :
Badung Market is opened at 5 o'clock in the morning and close at 5 o'clock in the evening. Then, it is changed by the evening market opened from 05:00 pm until at 05:00 am the day after. Meanwhile at Senggol Market in Kumbasari is opened at 02:00 pm and closed at 11:30 pm. The unique of Senggol Market's name is possibility taken away from the situation and condition of people movement on shopping where they each others jog because of visitor denseness. This Senggol Market is selling the variety of food, from the cheap Balinese, Javanese and Chinese cookery. It is also sell the various types of clothes from adult until children one.
Badung Market Location :
Badung Market is encircled by shop along the street of Gajah Mada, in the right side there is Sulawesi Street which is famous of cloth items. Denpasar Traditional Market is progressively strengthening the identity of a center of Denpasar's economics which is opened within 24 hours and never silent by visitor. It is located in a massive four storey building on the banks of the Badung river in the center of downtown, close to Jl. Gajah Mada. Organized chaos reigns outside, with cars and motorbikes trying to find a place to park, people carrying bushels of produce of every kind imaginable. Come in the morning and check out the food vendors.